5 Ways to Brighten Your Home This Winter
With fewer hours of daylight and an array of stormy weather to contend with, our homes can often feel dark and dreary during the winter months. With just a few magical touches, however, you can lighten things up instantly. Try these ideas from diynetwork.com:
- Remove the screens from your windows. Depending on where you live, you might not even open your windows in the winter. Removing the layer of mesh created by a screen will let unfiltered light right in, brightening up your home.
- Invest in light-colored slipcovers. Cover your furniture in shades of ivory, white or even a sunny yellow. This will not only make your whole room feel lighter, but will also help brighten your mood. Try lighter-colored bedspreads and tablecloths, too.
- Uncover your hardwood. Remove area rugs from your hardwood floors so that natural light can reflect off the warm tones of the wood and onto your walls.
- Swap out your lightbulbs. Take a close look at your home’s lighting. The difference between a warm white, a cool white, and daylight bulb can greatly change the feel of a room. Try different bulbs in different rooms to create bright enough light at the right temperature.
- Lighten up your window treatments. Ditch the heavy, dark drapes for light-colored and sheer curtains. Placing them at the far edges of the window will go a long way toward letting in plenty of light.
If you need more real estate information, feel free to contact me.
Copyright© 2017 RISMedia, The Leader in Real Estate Information Systems and Real Estate News.