I recently read a blog written by a top real estate agent. He has had several deals fall through because the home inspection report came back with comments like “not tested” or “not inspected—unable to access.”
When preparing sellers for a home inspection, he now provides them with a checklist to help ensure that everything gets inspected and the report is as complete as possible.
So, I’d like to share with you 25 tips on preparing your sellers for a home inspection.
- Turn on all utilities (gas, water, electric)
- Light all pilot lights (including gas fireplaces)
- If home uses propane or fuel oil, make sure there is sufficient fuel in tanks
- Turn off alarm systems (unless advised otherwise)
- Back up your computer, as the inspector may be testing the electric by turning it off and on
- Move furniture away from heat and return vents
- Clean out wood-burning fireplace
View original post 186 more words